View Current Job Listings at Women’s Specialists of New Mexico, Ltd.
Women’s Specialists of New Mexico currently has the following positions open. Resumes for these positions maybe submitted to email@example.com.
Job Title: Medical Assistant / Oasis MedSpa
Summary of Position Description:
Assist health care providers and Medspa employees in a manner to assure quality and professional care to our patients.
Primary Duties Include:
- Prepare patient for exam or cosmetics procedures; take vital signs where appropriate;
- Turn over GYN or Cosmetics room;
- Obtain urine sample and accurately perform urine dip;
- Perform massage on coolsculpting patients;
- Update the problem list; record exam information and lab results in the patient record;
- Set up and assist the provider with procedures; obtain consent form signatures;
- Assist in patient education by use of handouts;
- Maintain and supply exam rooms;
- Prepare next day charts;
- Run auto clave;
- Assist with cosmetics laundry;
- Attain adequate computer skills in the practice management computer system;
- Maintain patient recalls in the practice management computer system;
- Mail pap smear report cards as appropriate;
- Complete Competency Testing (BP, Injections, Clean Catch UA, Pregnancy Testing);
- Administer Injections;
- Review laboratory results in charts;
- Become familiar with cosmetics procedures in order to answer patients questions and schedule appointments appropriately;
- Assist Patient Service Representative check-in and check-out GYN and Cosmetics Patients;
- Answer phones and schedule cosmetics patients;
- Work compatibly with all other departments and employees of WSNM.
- In order to ensure maximum flexibility and efficiency, WSNM promotes and encourages cross training;
- Employees may be assigned additional duties as necessary or desirable by management.
- High school degree or GED;
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program, certification preferred, or a minimum of one to two years experience as a medical assistant;
- Prior experience in a cosmetics/medspa environment desirable;
- Possess good communication and excellent customer services skills.
- Hearing, speaking and visual acuity;
- Sitting, stooping or standing for long periods of time;
- Ability to lift at least 20 lbs.;
- Hand/wrist movement to write, use computer, phone and copier.